Medicine Hat College (MHC)
- Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
- History of Institution:
Medicine Hat College (MHC) is a public, board-governed, comprehensive community college serving a large region of southeastern Alberta and beyond. Open since 1965, MHC is a modern, progressive institution of learning. MHC offers programs in business, education, visual & performative arts, science, health studies and
technology. Medicine Hat College has two campuses, one in the city of Medicine Hat and one in the city of Brooks, 100 km northwest from Medicine Hat.
• MHC is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI# 018795445892) and all academic credit
programs are designated programs
• Comprehensive range of certificate, diploma, applied degree, degree & university transfer programs
• Safe community environment
• Competitive international tuition fees (from $9,042 CAD/yr). For more information, visit:
• High student satisfaction and employment rates
• Wide range of student support services, including: Academic advising, career counseling, writing support, pre-arrival support & orientation, health insurance, immigration advising, and cultural activities
• Strong transfer agreements mean hundreds of MHC courses transfer to universities in Alberta, Saskatchewan and beyond, including University of Alberta, University of Calgary, and University of Saskatchewan. For more information, visit transferalberta.ca
• Affordable living costs, estimated at $24-30,000 CAD/ year including tuition, accommodation, food and other expenses
Departments & Programs Offered: (bullet point)
Medicine Hat College offers Certificate Program (1yr), Diploma Programs (2 yrs) Applied Degree Programs (3-4 yrs) and University Transfer Programs in partnership with the University of Calgary and Mount Royal University)
- Department and Programs Offer：
Administrative Office Professional (Cert) Aviation Management (Cert) Computer Aided Drafting & Design (Cert) Early Learning & Child Care (Cert) Information Technology (Cert) Administrative Office Management (Diploma) Information Technology (Diploma) Business Administration (Diploma) Occupational/Physical Therapist Assistant (Diploma) Child & Youth Care Counsellor (Diploma) Paramedic CQP (Diploma) CADD/Built Environment Engineering Technology (BEET) (Diploma) Practical Nursing CQP (Diploma) Power Engineering CQP (Diploma) Criminal Justice (Diploma) Social Work (Diploma) Early Learning & Child Care (Diploma) Environmental Reclamation Technician (Diploma) Bachelor of Applied Arts – Art & Design (Applied Degree) Bachelor of Applied Health Science – Paramedic QCP (Applied Degree) Bachelor of Nursing (4 yrs. University Transfer Program to University of Calgary) Bachelor of Education (4 yrs. University Transfer Program to Mount Royal University) Arts (University Transfer-2yrs at MHC followed by 2+ yrs.) Commercial/Management (University Transfer-2yrs at MHC followed by 2+ yrs.) Education (University Transfer-2yrs at MHC followed by 2+ yrs.) Kinesiology (University Transfer-2yrs at MHC followed by 2+ yrs.) Science (University Transfer-2yrs at MHC followed by 2+ yrs.) Social Work (University Transfer-2yrs at MHC followed by 2+ yrs.)
87% of our graduates are fully employed in their field of study. 95% of graduating students are satisfied with their program experience and 87% of MHC Graduates are currently employed in their field of study.
- Population: 2970 Full/Part Time and online students annually.
- International Population: 11% or 326 of our students from over 20 different nationalities
WHY CHOOSE STUDENT RESIDENCE?
• Convenient, well-equipped, and affordable.
• Accommodations are comfortable, four-bedroom, fully
furnished townhouse units in two complexes—Golfview and Couleeview.
• Fully furnished units offer the following amenities: air-conditioning,
washer & dryer (coin free), 25″ TV, stove and
microwave, fridge and freezer, extra long single beds, study
desk, office chair, couches, chairs, lamp, kitchen table with
chairs, utilities and Wi-Fi and vacuum.
• Affordable – With a two-minute walk to classes and rent as low
as $582/month including utilities and WiFi
GPI Canada also offers a Homestay Program option for those preferring to live in a family home environment. We have an extensive database of host families who are fully vetted and dedicated to providing a safe & welcoming environment throughout your studies in Canada.