- What Personal Information do we collect?
For example, your Personal Information includes information that relates to your educational history, academic transcripts, personal profiles, gender, nationality, languages spoken, information contained in your application for our programs or your study permit or visa, an unlisted address or phone number, an identifying number. However, some Personal Information that is otherwise publicly available in not protected by applicable privacy laws.
- Why do we collect your Personal Information?
GPI Canada collects, uses and discloses Personal Information about our clients, host families and partners in order to provide our clients with the various adult and youth educational programs, language learning, tutoring, summer camps and tours we have developed and operate. GPI Canada does not sell Personal Information to any third parties.
We collect, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to assist you with your application for any of our programs, including obtaining the necessary legal guardianship, study permits, immigration and Visa approvals;
- to evaluate you for placement in, and assist with registration and enrolment with GPI Canada affiliated public and private high schools in Canada;
- to develop, enhance, market, administer or otherwise provide GPI Canada’s services;
- to distribute our newsletters, information and other materials to individuals on our mail and e-mail lists;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and for any other purpose to which you consent.
GPI Canada may disclose your Personal Information to:
- clients requesting homestay placement, schools and school administrators, consulates, embassies and government agencies, agents, residential providers and homestay families, and service providers, including organizations or individuals retained by GPI Canada to perform functions on its behalf;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of GPI Canada, is providing or seeking the information as a representative;
- any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Where do we store your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by GPI Canada, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
Upon written request, GPI Canada will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information. You may inform GPI Canada in writing of any changes requiring to be made with your personal information. Once informed by you, GPI Canada will make all reasonable efforts to update, correct and remove any outdated or incorrect information. Access and correction requests should be sent to our Chief Privacy Officer, using the contact information below.
To protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, GPI Canada employs administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your Personal Information. For instance, we operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems.
We retain personal information in our records for as long as necessary to fulfill the intended purposes or a legal or business purpose.
In order to provide our website visitors with information, visitors may voluntarily submit Personal Information to us for purposes such as asking a question or obtaining information.
The only personal information GPI Canada collects via the website is the information voluntarily supplied by you if you contact GPI Canada via the Website.
For information on GPI Canada’s privacy practices, please contact its Chief Privacy Officer at:
Global Partners Institute Canada (GPI Canada)
Chief Privacy Officer
#2300 – 2850 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Office Telephone: 604-836-4558